Wednesday, July 12, 2017

4D3N OnBoard Lombok-Sumbawa-Komodo-Labuan Bajo(Flores)

The Price is IDR 1,7 millions  from Senggigi to Labuan Bajo 4D3n  (17-20 August 2015)

DAY #1
Departed from Bangsal Harbour (north of Senggigi)at 1 pm, 20 people will sleep on the deck. I wasn’t feeling well since the first, couldn’t imagine the rest of the trip. We stop in the middle of the sea somewhere, to have a swim since there is no shower. But I was too lazy. One of the girl is going too much at the front of the boat and falling, lucky that her camera was in the bag and it’s safe.
I didn’t eat lunch and dinner, felt sea sick, even threw up in the night.
20 people squeezed in small boat. I'm the only one Indonesian(and asian) passenger, the others are European

This is how we squeezed on the deck 
That's where we hangout and having meals
Living room is also laundry room



DAY #2
The second day started with jumping off the boat to get Moyo Island, with the beautiful waterfall in it. Since the boat couldn’t deck on the beach, so we had to swim for 30-40 meters long. Then I realized that I haven’t anything after breakfast yesterday. But who cares, being on land, trekking to the waterfall is better than stay on the boat. The waterfall wasn’t as beautiful as I have seen in the pictures, the guide said that we came on the wrong time. Ugh! Swimming back to the boat was so exhausting as I became more hungry. So I ate a little bit of pancakes afterwards. Lucky that I was the only Indonesian on the tour, so the crew threat me so well.
Moyo Island in Sumbawa

Feel good to have fresh water

The waterfall is a bit dry, but it's kind of fun for climbing around

The next spot that day was Satonda Island, which is famous with the salty-water lake. The lake was big enough to make the island looks like a ring from the sky view. Some people were swimming but I prefer to walk around and taking photos. We did some snorkeling around here as well.
The second night was the longest sail, it was pretty rough that makes me afraid of falling out of the boat. And I was dreaming about it! Lucky that it was only a dream, cannot wait to get back to the land.
The salty lake in Satonda island

They were hanging corals while making wish

White dry moss around the lake

DAY #3
Weather was good that morning, we went for trekking to the top of Gili Laba without the guide. It’s actually right beside the Komodo Island, but only deer living there. The savannah are dry after a long dry season, but I like it! This morning I ate breakfast, don’t want to be as stupid as yesterday. I was expecting the Padar Island instead of this one though, unfortunately they didn’t have it on the schedule L
Walking around Gili Laba in the morning

The view from the top of Gili Laba

Not a bad spot for photos

Next stop is the Manta Point, the area where the Manta Rays are normally swimming around. Unfortunately this area has a strong current. So the boat is following us while we snorkel and chasing the Mantas.
Chasing the Mantas

Pink Beach is one of the main tourist attraction here, but it wasn’t that pink! The color is coming from the little pieces of red corals in surrounding territorial water. We did some snorkeling here as well, and it was fine.

The last stop which is the area where the boat is staying overnight is called Kalong Bay. Kalong is the Flying fox. They are normally flying out during the sunset time, but we were not lucky enough to see it. The sunset there was good, they played some music and we had nice chat with the other people on the next boat. The water was calm so finally I could eat a proper meal. I even woke up in the middle of the night because I was so hungry. As I said, the crew were really nice so they let me to use the kitchen an cook the noddle. After that I can sleep well.
The eagle flying around in Kalong Bay

Fisherman boat in Kalong Bay

Smooth water movement during sunset time

DAY #4
The boat moved when we were still sleeping. When I peak through the curtain of the deck, I can see that we were sailing beside the Komodo Island. Yes, the best time to see Komodo is in the morning, before it gets too hot. The crew finally decided to go to Rinca Island, instead of Komodo Island. They said that we will have bigger chance to see the Dragon. We did one and a half hour trekking with 3 rangers making sure that we will not get bitten by this large lizard. We encounter some other animals along the way.
The Komodo giant lizard between the bushes

Rinca Island in Komodo National Park

The Komodo Dragon

Last spot is snorkeling around Kelor island, I met the dangerous sea krait and big puffer fish. This small island has beautiful white beach, pity that i didn't go hup to the hill.

This has been a completely new experience for me, being onboard for a few days and visiting different spots. I wish i have my own boat and do this kind of sailing the whole life around Indonesia since we have more than 17 thousands islands. 

But noted that this boat was kind of small, no sail, meals was horrible but we have no other option so we ate it anyway. If you have more money, do with the Phinisi Boat and better food! So i cannot recommend this company.




No comments:

Post a Comment